Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Wedding: Let's party!

<<<Friends, I thought it would be nice to do some wedding recap blog entries. Scroll down to see the first few entries. Enjoy!>>>

Geoff and I sat down at the table beaming with happiness and love. It had been such an exciting day already and we still had HOURS left! Sweet! Dinner was absolutely divine (thanks to Fireseed Catering in Langley) and Geoff and I made sure to try a little of everything. We had three food stations; Pacific Northwest meets California (mussels and clams), Middle eastern (carved leg of lamb &
tabbouleh) and South American (masa crusted chicken). Our guests were able to enjoy a full meal from each station and I think everyone left happy and full!


Who says the bride and groom never eat?!

After delicious food and some socializing we had our toasts. Arcia, Michelle and my dad did an amazing job giving their toasts and Geoff and I felt honored to have such special people beside us.

Time for our special dances! Geoff and I danced to Green Eyes by Coldplay which is a special song to us because it is the song Geoff played and sang to me very early on in our relationship when we first fell in love!


My dad and I danced to Frank Sinatra, Way You Look Tonight. I was never one to be that into weddings but EVERY wedding I went to I would cry during the father/daughter dance because it made me think about the moment that I get to dance with my dad at my wedding. The moment came, and I was ecstatic. My dad is amazing; strong, yet sensitive and warm, giving and caring. There isn't a better example of marriage than the one my parents show us.

Geoff and his mom danced to Beatles, In My Life. It was lovely to watch the two of them on the dance floor ~ I love my mother-in-law!

And the party began...! Everyone joined Geoff and his mom on the dance floor and the dancing didn't stop until 1 in the morning!



Up Next: Cake cutting and the end of a PERFECT day.

(All photos taken by my awesome photographer, Ben Becker)

No comments: