Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Wedding: Cutting the cake and saying good bye

<<<Friends, I thought it would be nice to do some wedding recap blog entries. Scroll down to see the previous entries. Enjoy!>>>


Now, the cake cutting may have been the one awkward moment all night! We weren't really sure how to do it and with 160 people staring at you there is a tad bit of pressure! That is why I love the picture above... I'm looking at my mom saying "how do we do this?"!

Our cake servers that my mom made that also matched the flutes that she made - adorable, huh?!
As you see we figured it out and were mostly nice to each other with the cake smudging! The cake (made by our dear friend, Laurette) was delicious and not to mention gorgeous.

Geoff and I escaped for a bit to do a few more photos and were also able to sit back and just watch our friends and family enjoying our special day. That was a moment I'll never forget.





And with that... it was time to party! We danced the night away with our guests and were on another level of bliss that I have never felt before.

The wedding was amazing and everything I could have asked for. The amount of work that my mom put into the evening was unbelievable, and all out of love. But, even better than any wedding that I could of had, is the love that I have for my husband, our relationship and this union that we have started.


<Thanks for sticking with me friends... I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!>

2 comments:

abofamily said...

We too have such marvelous memories and are thrilled that you have hit exactly on the most important aspect - your love for each other.
Tons of smooches
Mumsie

abofamily said...

We too have such marvelous memories to savor but the best part is that you captured the real essence and most important aspect - your love for each other.
Tons of smooches
Mumsie