Thursday, October 28, 2010

Student reaction...

I wrote this post a while back, but never posted it!

______________


This afternoon I announced to my students (only half the class were there and I only chose this time to share the news because I needed to somehow kill 20 minutes!) our good news! It was very exciting and I loved the reaction from some of the students. Of course, to make it a teachable moment, I immediately asked "how did I get pregnant?". They blushed, squealed and told me that they couldn't answer that question because it was their teacher that did "it"! So, I changed it to "how does a woman get pregnant?" and they were happy to give their answers. I got some great ones, including "the guy puts their thing with the girls thing and POW" ~ Yup! Doesn't get much clearer than that.
So after a good lesson about the birds and the bees, including how they can help me be more comfortable during pregnancy (hey, teachable moment!), we asked them to brainstorm a list of baby name ideas. Here is their list. Gotta love em.


Jeohna & Suji are the King & Queen of Korea ~ definitely top of the list! But really, some of them aren't too bad and possibly even in the running!

1 comment:

alison geist said...

This is awesome! I definitely think you should consider the name "Mama" for your baby.