Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Wedding: Show me my groom!

<<<Friends, I thought it would be nice to do some wedding recap blog entries. Scroll down to see the first two entries. Enjoy!>>>

I had my bouquet and my eyes were dry so it was time to do a little photo shoot. My ladies went to get ready and it was nice to have some down time... well, of course with the camera in my face, but none the less it was giving me a moment to reflect on what was about to happen.


(Look closely at my tissue in hand... I was still drying my eyes!)




It was time to get movin'! My groom was outside waiting and I could literally FEEL the excitement in the air - not just my own, but everyone around me who had worked tirelessly to pull this day off (ma and pa Abo, to name the two biggest players). The day was here and everything was flowing perfectly. I left my parents room and headed down the stairs to see my husband-to-be. I had butterflies of excitement in my stomach. It was time to see my GROOM.

Once I was downstairs I was greeted be a different man in my life... my dad! Oh, what a moment! Look at these pictures: Aren't I the luckiest?!


Dad approved and I could tell from his tears how proud he was, and he sent me off to see Geoff.

Again, I ask you, aren't I the luckiest?!!?

I'm comin' babe!


It's funny to hear it from Geoff's perspective. All he could hear was the swishing of my dress and with each step that I took it kept getting louder and louder, and he kept wondering when the swishing would end and he'd feel the tap on his shoulder!

The moment I saw my groom on our wedding day!

I think he liked what he saw! ;-)

We spent the next 15 or 20 minutes just enjoying each other. With all we knew it was just the two of us... we were completely locked in and at that point, nothing could have gone wrong.

Up Next: Off to town... our peeps meet us there for a fun photo shoot!

(All photos taken by my awesome photographer, Ben Becker)

1 comment:

lyndsey said...

You look gorgeous, Dee Dee! Had to come look at your blog. :) Love your wedding pictures, congrats!!! You guys are super cute.