Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Today I said goodbye

I got a call two days ago from the insurance company telling me that my car was "totaled". I just couldn't believe what I was hearing!! They told me that repairing my car would cost more than what the total value is now. I was devastated to hear the news, although relieved to think that I walked away uninjured from a crash with total damages more than $8,000! So today I went to clean out my car and say goodbye to my trusty little Jetta. It did me well over the last 8 years and I still remember my first cruise with my friends around the campus at PLU!
Now I'm slowly warming up to having to car shop.... what should be a fun, exciting time is actually quite depressing because I was perfectly happy with my car. I don't have long AT ALL before I have to give my rental car back, so the hunt starts today. My parents are coming this weekend so I'm taking the day off work on Friday to drive around the car lots. Does anyone have any ideas of what I should test drive?
I'm posting a pic of a 2000 Jetta.... maybe it will give me some closure :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice