Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A visit from a bestie

My dear friend Cameron visited us last weekend from New Zealand! It was so great to have girl time with her, catch up on life and of course put some womanly touches on the nursery!







Cameron joined us in celebrating St. Patrick's Day at our friends annual party. As you may remember, St. Patrick's Day is a special day for Geoff and I because we met on this day 5 years ago! What a love.




(Side note: These pictures were taken the same day, but either baby had a growth spurt between the afternoon and the evening OR it's the way the tops fit... not sure which one.)

4 comments:

abofamily said...

Happy Anniversary!
xoxo
Great job on the decals too!

Ali said...

first of all, I love your nursery! It's to die for. now I can't wait to see your little girl IN the nursery!
Secondly, about Hawaii with a 3 month old...it was great! Brynn was easy easy. Slept the whole time on the flights (just make sure baby is eating during take off and landing so her ears won't hurt...) and didn't seem to notice the time difference. The only thing I hadn't thought through was the fact that "beaching it" wasn't a great baby activity - no shade, too much sand, no comfortable way to nurse, etc...So we mostly just pooled it where I could sit with her under an umbrella. It was great! Hope you guys have fun and good luck these next few months!

Ali said...

DeeDee - First of all, I love your nursery! It is adorable!
Secondly, Hawaii with a 3 month old was great! She slept though the flights (just make sure to feed your baby during take off and landing so her ears won't hurt...) and didn't seem to notice the time difference. The only thing I hadn't thought through was the whole beach situation. Not a great baby activity! No shade, too much sand & wind and no way to get comfie for nursing. So, Brynn and I spent most of our time at the pool under an umbrella - which was wonderful for us. Hope you guys have fun! Good luck these next few months. Can't wait to hear about the adventure! Ali

Ali said...

oh geez...i just realized why my comment didn't post. Good thing I typed it up twice! :) Sorry about that....:) :)